Organic Whole Bean Decaf Coffee, 5 lbs Bag
99.9% Caffeine-Free Coffee in a 5 lb Bag
Fresh-roasted, organic, specialty grade, antioxidant-rich, medium roast, Swiss Water processed decaffeinated whole bean coffee delivered fresh to your door. Each 5 lb bag will produce about 170-200 8 oz cups of brewed coffee. Clean, delicious, healthy coffee for as little as 45 cents per cup!
Purity Coffee chooses organic Swiss Water® decaffeinated coffee. Swiss Water® Process decaffeinated coffee is a great chemical-free way to still enjoy quality, great tasting coffee. The water process relies entirely on two concepts, solubility and osmosis, to decaffeinate coffee beans.
Caffeine is water soluble, but many other compounds are as well, some of which might contribute to coffee flavor which we would rather preserve in our coffee. Therefore, a special process uses green coffee extract to soak coffee beans in hot water in order to extract only the caffeine. Since there is no caffeine in the water and coffee extract solution, this draws only the caffeine out of the coffee. The water solution is then filtered to remove the caffeine, and the coffee can soak again until it is fully decaffeinated. We love how this method does not use any chemical solvents and prioritizes coffee quality.
On top of that, the Swiss Water® Company’s decaffeination facility is certified organic by the Organic Crop Improvement Association (OCIA).
Benefits of Organic Coffee from Purity Coffee
- Food rich in antioxidants
According to Wikipedia, antioxidants are compounds that inhibit oxidation. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that can produce free radicals, thereby leading to chain reactions that may damage the cells of organisms. Antioxidants terminate these chain reactions.
The Purity Difference
- Feel good about what's in the bag - Pure organic coffee high in antioxidants and healthy natural compounds.
- Less than 1% of the world's beans meet Purity Coffee's standards.
- Less than 3% of coffee worldwide is organic.
- Organic arabica coffee
The Purity Process
- High Quality Beans - Their experts test and choose tasting specialty grade, organic, arabica beans from around the world.
- Toxin Screening - They test the beans for toxins like pesticides, mycotoxins* and contaminants and use only select beans free of those impurities.
- Roasted for Health - They roast to the perfect point where antioxidants are maximized, acrylamide is minimized, and PAHs are avoided, thanks to their smokeless roasting technology. Each roast is tasted by coffee specialists to ensure the profile and quality is accurate.
- Nitrogen-Flushed Bags - An industry standard for preventing staling, the packaging process locks in the aromas, flavors and nutrients and ensures it tastes as fresh as the day it was roasted.
* Mycotoxin - A mycotoxin is a toxic secondary metabolite produced by organisms of the fungus kingdom and is capable of causing disease and death in both humans and other animals. The term 'mycotoxin' is usually reserved for the toxic chemical products produced by fungi that readily colonize crops.
Should you prefer to subscribe and save 10%, please click on this Purity Coffee banner where you can subscribe on the Purity website.