Basil Linalool Organic Essential Oil
Organic Basil Linalool Essential Oil is more gentle than other forms of Basil essential oils, and the high Linalool content amplifies the oil's incredible calming effects. It is excellent for reducing head and neck tension and can help ease the transition into bedtime. This oil is also very uplifting, making it a wonderful addition to spiritual meditation practices or simply a time of positive reflection. The sweet, herbal scent of Basil Linalool blends well with other herbaceous oils such as Rosemary as well as citrus oils such as Lemon.
- We carry the 10 ml size - Expect 2-3 days for delivery
- Other sizes are special order and require 5-7 days for delivery
Properties of Basil Linalool Organic Essential Oil
- Safer and gentler form or basil oil
- Calming before bedtime
- Calms tense nerves and muscles
- Lifts your mood
- Helps clear your mind
- Fresh, herbaceous aroma
To relieve tense muscles, dilute in a carrier oil of your choice and massage where needed or add a few drops to a warm bath.
When in need of soothing or a mood boost, combine equal amounts of Bergamot, Clary Sage and Basil Linalool and diffuse.
For topical application, dilute to 1-3%.
- Botanical Name - Ocimum basilicum
- Country of Origin - Egypt, Nepal
- Extraction Method - Steam Distilled
- Plant Part - Leaves
- Strength of Aroma - Strong
- Aromatic Scent - A sweet, fresh, green scent with a balsamic undertone
- Blends Well With - Cedarwood, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Grapefruit Pink, Rosemary 1,8-Cineole, and Sandalwood Australian.
- KidSafe® - No
- Cautions - 3.3% Max Dilution for Topical Application
How Aromatherapy Works
The theory is that aromatherapy activates areas in your nose called smell receptors, which send messages through your nervous system to your brain.
Essential oils may have an effect on emotions because they activate areas of the brain like the limbic system. The other effect is on the hypothalamus, which may respond to the oil by creating feel-good brain chemicals such as serotonin.
According to WebMD, you shouldn't use aromatherapy instead of your regular medical treatment. But for some conditions, research shows that aromatherapy can have health benefits.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.