Blue Light Blocking Glasses, Reader Series, Amber
DefenderShield® Reader Blue Light Blocking Glasses block harmful blue light to help reduce the negative health effects of computer and mobile device screens. Our superior quality lenses filter from 50% up to 99% of blue light that can cause digital eye strain, premature eye-aging, and interfere with sleep.
DefenderShield® Reader Blue Light Blocking Glasses available with and without magnification are the ultimate solution for protecting your eyes from blue light emitted from digital screens of computers, laptops, tablets, cell phones and other electronic devices. While our DefenderShield lenses protect your eyes from damaging blue light day and night, you will notice an improvement in eye strain that can result in headaches, fatigue, dry eyes, and problems focusing.
While wearing our professional and polished frames, you can feel confident that the negative effects of long-term exposure to harmful blue light are reduced. We have ergonomically developed our unisex blue light blocking glasses for the most comfortable fit imaginable whether you choose lenses with or without magnification.
Effects of LED Blue Light on Health
The human body has a biological clock called the circadian rhythm. At night, blue light affects this natural rhythm and sleep suffers. Research also shows that it may contribute to the causation of:
- Heart disease
While light of any kind can suppress the secretion of melatonin, blue light at night does so more powerfully. Harvard researchers and their colleagues conducted an experiment comparing the effects of 6.5 hours of exposure to blue light to exposure to green light of comparable brightness. The blue light suppressed melatonin for about twice as long as the green light and shifted circadian rhythms by twice as much (3 hours vs. 1.5 hours).
Harvard Health Publishing - Blue light has a dark side
Reader Blue Light Glasses Features at a Glance:
- Classic tortoise shell patterned frames are comfortable for a range of shapes and sizes
- High-end hypoallergenic and renewable acetate frames are durable and lightweight
- CR-90 lenses are lightweight and shatterproof and available with or without magnification
- Both amber and orange lens filter options block 100% of UV light
- Anti-smudge coating help lenses remain clear for all-day use
- Anti-fatigue element boosts concentration and readability of small characters and improves screen contrast
- Anti-glare coating virtually eliminates reflections from the front and back surfaces of the lenses
Reader Blue Light Glasses with Amber Lenses
- Filter 50% of harmful blue light
- Slight amber tint that looks similar to regular glasses with no magnification
- Allow colors within the visible light spectrum to look most natural
- Perfect for mid-day use when blue light has less of an effect
- Ideal for everyday use while working on a computer, laptop, or tablet
- Optimal for gaming
- Excellent for use while driving in cloudy or rainy weather
- Solution for those suffering from Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS) as orange lenses may over-stimulate the eyes
Reader Blue Light Glasses Specs
- Eye Size (mm): 52
- Bridge/Temple Size (mm): 18/135
- Frame Material: TR90 (plastic polymer)
- Lens Material: CR-39 (plastic polymer)
- Style: Rectangle
- Fit: Standard