Lavender Organic Essential Oil
Lavender is perhaps the most well-known of the essential oils and for good reason. Lavender essential oil is renowned for its many beneficial properties, including promoting calm, relaxation, and being a nervous tension reliever. It can also be added to a carrier oil to help reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles and help soothe alterations in skin integrity, such as during sun exposure or a minor cooking burn.
- We carry the 10 ml size - Expect 2-3 days for delivery
- Other sizes are special order and require 5-7 days for delivery
Properties of Lavender Organic Essential Oil
- Calming effect
- Supports relaxation
- Soothing effect on skin
Diffuse 30-60 minutes before bedtime to promote calm and relaxation. For Topical use, diluted to 2-5% with the carrier of your choice and apply to the skin.
Lavender blends well with many other essential oils, including Bergamot, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose Absolute, and Sandalwood, making it a wonderful addition to products such as lotions and bath bombs.
- Botanical Name - Lavandula angustifolia
- Country of Origin - Bulgaria
- Extraction Method - Steam Distilled
- Plant Part - Flowering tops
- Strength of Aroma - Strong
- Aroma Scent - Sweet, dry, herbaceous-floral scent
- Aromatic Scent - A sweet, fresh, green scent with a balsamic undertone
- Blends Well With - Bergamot, Cedarwood Virginian, Clove Bud, Clary Sage, Geranium Egyptian, Helichrysum Italicum, Lemon, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose Absolute, Rosemary 1,8-Cineole, Sandalwood Australian and Vetiver.
- KidSafe® - Yes
- Cautions - None known
How Aromatherapy Works
The theory is that aromatherapy activates areas in your nose called smell receptors, which send messages through your nervous system to your brain.
Essential oils may have an effect on emotions because they activate areas of the brain like the limbic system. The other effect is on the hypothalamus, which may respond to the oil by creating feel-good brain chemicals such as serotonin.
According to WebMD, you shouldn't use aromatherapy instead of your regular medical treatment. But for some conditions, research shows that aromatherapy can have health benefits.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.