Oregano Organic Essential Oil
Oregano is a very powerful essential oil and its use should be approached with care. Oregano essential oil can be used in cleaning products when seasonal illness is present. When very well diluted, it can also be used for the achy joints associated with aging.
- We carry the 10 ml size - Expect 2-3 days for delivery
- Other sizes are special order and require 5-7 days for delivery
Properties of Oregano Organic Essential Oil
- Can be used in cleaning products
- May relieve achy joints
This powerhouse essential oil is best reserved for tough issues and is helpful in supporting healthy respiration. Please consult with an Aromatherapist from the manufacturer (email@example.com) if you need help deciding if oregano is right for your situation.
- Botanical Name - Origanum vulgare
- Country of Origin - Hungary, Spain, Mersin
- Extraction Method - Steam Distilled
- Plant Part - Dried aerial parts of flowering plant
- Strength of Aroma - Strong
- Aromatic Scent - Intense green, slightly medicinal herbaceous scent
- Blends Well With - Cajeput, Chamomile Roman, Citronella, Dill Weed, Eucalyptus Lemon, Geranium Egyptian, Marjoram Sweet, Niaouli 1,8-Cineole, Pine Scots, Rosemary 1,8-Cineole and Thyme Thymol
- KidSafe® - No
- Cautions - Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Oregano is a powerful skin irritant. We recommend a maximum dilution of 1% for topical applications
How Aromatherapy Works
The theory is that aromatherapy activates areas in your nose called smell receptors, which send messages through your nervous system to your brain.
Essential oils may have an effect on emotions because they activate areas of the brain like the limbic system. The other effect is on the hypothalamus, which may respond to the oil by creating feel-good brain chemicals such as serotonin.
According to WebMD, you shouldn't use aromatherapy instead of your regular medical treatment. But for some conditions, research shows that aromatherapy can have health benefits.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.