Peppermint Organic Essential Oil
Organic Peppermint is a perennial herb that grows widely in Europe, North America, and Asia. This leafy plant grows close to the ground and produces smooth, dark green leaves with clusters of small pinkish lavender flowers.
Originating in India, Organic Peppermint has been used for centuries for its revitalizing properties. Steam distilled from the leaves of the mint plant, Organic Peppermint Essential Oil creates a strong aromatic scent that has a fresh, cool, minty smell. This scent is invigorating to the senses that promotes energy and alertness. It is a refreshing and stimulating oil that is both soothing and enlightening.
Organic Peppermint Essential Oil has a cooling effect on the skin that is revitalizing and wonderful to the touch, due to its menthol content. With many amazing uses for this essential oil, Organic Peppermint, is a valuable addition to any oil collection.
- We carry the 10 ml size - Expect 2-3 days for delivery
- Other sizes are special order and require 5-7 days for delivery
Properties of Peppermint Organic Essential Oil
- Invigorating scent
- Promotes energy and alertness
- Menthol content provides cooling effect on the skin
To help relieve head and neck tension dilute Organic Peppermint Essential Oil using a 1-3% ratio with your favorite Plant Therapy carrier oil and apply to the neck and temples when tension occurs.
For an amazing foot soak add a few drops of Organic Peppermint to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil and a ½ cup of epsom salt; dissolve in warm water and pamper your feet after a long day.
- Botanical Name -Mentha x piperita
- Country of Origin - India
- Extraction Method - Steam Distilled
- Plant Part - Leaves
- Strength of Aroma - Strong
- Aroma Scent - A fresh, cool, sweet grassy-minty scent
- Aromatic Scent - A sweet, fresh, green scent with a balsamic undertone
- Blends Well With - Basil Linalool, Coriander Seed, Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Radiata, Geranium Egyptian, Lavender, Lemon, Palmarosa, Black Pepper, Rosemary 1,8-Cineole, Spearmint, Vanilla C02, Wintergreen, Ylang Ylang Complete.
- KidSafe® - No
- Cautions - Do not apply on or near the face of infants and children. We recommend a maximum dilution of 5% for topical applications.
- Lot #: Peppermint Organic P40103
- Lot #: Peppermint Organic P40104
- Lot #: Peppermint Organic P40105
- Lot #: Peppermint Organic P40106
How Aromatherapy Works
The theory is that aromatherapy activates areas in your nose called smell receptors, which send messages through your nervous system to your brain.
Essential oils may have an effect on emotions because they activate areas of the brain like the limbic system. The other effect is on the hypothalamus, which may respond to the oil by creating feel-good brain chemicals such as serotonin.
According to WebMD, you shouldn't use aromatherapy instead of your regular medical treatment. But for some conditions, research shows that aromatherapy can have health benefits.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.