Tea Tree Organic Essential Oil
Organic Tea Tree is one of the world’s best known and beloved essential oils. Native to Australia, it is commonly applied around the world for a multitude of uses. It is known to have remarkable effects on irritated skin by helping to ease redness and restore smoothness.
Other popular uses include helping to combat skin blemishes and soothing skin that has been overexposed in the sun. Its refreshing green, medicinal, woody aroma makes it a wonderful addition to natural home-cleaning sprays, especially in steamy, musty areas like the bathroom. When diffused, it helps support a healthy immune system and can eliminate unpleasant odors.
- We carry the 10 ml size - Expect 2-3 days for delivery
- Other sizes are special order and require 5-7 days for delivery
Properties of Tea Tree Organic Essential Oil
- May help with skin irritation and redness
- Woody aroma
- Can be used with cleaning products
Diffuse Organic Tea Tree alone or with a floral essential oil like Jasmine Absolute or Lavender to refresh a stale or musty room. For an all-natural surface cleaner, dilute Organic Tea Tree to 2% with vinegar.
Create a skin-soothing salve by blending 9 drops of Organic Tea Tree, Organic Lavender, and 9 drops of Organic Lemon with 2 tbsp of your favorite Plant Therapy carrier oil and apply to the areas of concern.
For skin blemishes, dilute to 5% and apply directly to the blemish.
- Botanical Name - Melaleuca alternifolia
- Country of Origin - Australia
- Extraction Method - Steam Distilled
- Plant Part - Leaves
- Strength of Aroma - Medium
- Aroma Scent - Green wood, medicinal scent
- Aromatic Scent - A sweet, fresh, green scent with a balsamic undertone
- Blends Well With - Bergamot, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit Pink, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Pine, Rose Absolute, Rosemary, Spruce.
- KidSafe® - Yes
- Cautions - None known
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30102
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30103
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30104
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30105
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30106
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30107
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30108
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30110
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30111
- Lot #: Tea Tree Organic T30112
How Aromatherapy Works
The theory is that aromatherapy activates areas in your nose called smell receptors, which send messages through your nervous system to your brain.
Essential oils may have an effect on emotions because they activate areas of the brain like the limbic system. The other effect is on the hypothalamus, which may respond to the oil by creating feel-good brain chemicals such as serotonin.
According to WebMD, you shouldn't use aromatherapy instead of your regular medical treatment. But for some conditions, research shows that aromatherapy can have health benefits.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.